Friday, November 2, 2012

Timber - You Hear Me?

And in this land of trees. Trees of all sorts: Tall trees, small trees, prickly trees, well-rooted trees, and hollow trees; we all fit in the mix somewhere.

I made the grave mistake of giving my number to a fella (I was at work). This is what history will note as a bookmark: Never to repeat, at least when passing a number so casually as I did. I never give my digits out. I must have been very tired that day.

So, he texts me some obscure dittie. Not saying anything valid, but in is mind it may have meant the world and sounded very profound. It wasn't. I write, I understand words, I get why people use them.

I didn't answer the text.

A day...? Passes by. I think nothing of it. It doesn't even register as a second, third, twentieth thought.

Remember. The text said nothing valid, no question. It read more as a statement. I literally shrugged when I read it.

So today rolls around, still rolling, and in walks the same guy. He asked me if I got his text?

Seriously?

He keeps asking, follows me as I'm walking. I replied, "no".

I'm at work. Don't bother me. Don't ever corner me. And never demand anything, especially when we are strangers. He told me to text him back.

I nodded. I walked away. I'm working. I don't have time to chit chat and make small talk, which I hate doing. I don't like 'fake' talk of any kind. It's either an honest conversation or no conversation.

He texted back. I haven't read it.

Aggression and demands are uncool and just freakin' insane when you don't know the person, and just the same when you do. 

Timber.