Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 2- Alive

I clapped when we landed.  I was the only one.

So it wasn't an overseas flight. I'm alive!

It amazes me still. The infinite wonder of how this world came to be.

Just how small we truly are when admiring it from a bird's eye view - and I'm on a plane, not on some spacecraft where from then on it's a totally unexplainable perspective.

The plane ride - jet fast.

The woman beside me...I don't even want to start. I feel for her children.

**********************************    Stepping off LAX     **********

Lanky palm trees.

A soft, comforting visual to hold still on. I missed them. It still smells the same. The sky hovering a crisp blue.

I'm so thankful for family.

There's the family where you could see them often and they feel like strangers, and family where you see them not often enough and it's safe and cozy from the instant you embrace with a hello.

That's my family in LA.

Lots of Latinos in K-Town. I may go for a walk in a short while, though I don't know what's open on the 4th of July.

Guess they're will be new people to meet. It's only Day 1.

No. Today is Day 2.

LA time: 8:08am